Sunday, October 07, 2007

Product Review: Laptop Stand


My laptop stand finally arrived last week, after many delays. It looks fantastic and greatly increases my writing location options. I need quiet when I write, and I need to know I won’t be interrupted.

You’d think with no kids I’d have oodles of uninterrupted time on my hands, but my husband is a bit of a pest, bless his heart. If he’s awake, I won’t usually even bother trying to write because sooner rather than later, he’ll have a question or want to tell me something, or start doing something that involves making noise. Luckily for me, he goes to bed relatively early, whereas I’m a night owl. It all works out. And now I have a nifty laptop stand so I can write comfortably in any room in the house.

As for the stand itself, it comes in oak or cherry finish. I got cherry and it’s lovely. It has a part that doesn’t tip, which is perfect for the computer mouse and a beverage (Yogi tea with soy milk is my late-night fave). And the part that the laptop rests on is fully adjustable. Height adjusts to accommodate working on the sofa, in a chair or in bed. Of course, since it’s on castors, it’s easy to move wherever you need it. And it’s so easy to put together that even my husband was able to figure it out! (I’m the mechanically-inclined one in this family, I’m afraid.)

I’ve seen cheaper laptop stands available for as little as $79.99 online and at office supply stores such as Office Max. But you get what you pay for, and I wanted something that looked like real furniture and would blend in with my existing décor.

I’m all ready now for Seventy Days of Sweat!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOT! I'm glad we'll be sweating together! And congrats on your new laptop stand -- it sounds great, and I'm glad things work well for you and your hubby to where you get good quiet time to write. :)

Tomorrow I'm going to start reading My New-Found Land, and I'll let you know when I finish -- I'll review it on TN Text Wrestling! I'm looking forward to reading it -- I enjoy your writing and your characters so much. :)

Give Tidbit and Pixel kisses from me!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Auntie Bunnygirl! That's a very nice laptop stand -- I think I would like nap on it *purrrrrrr*.

Kittysmiles and snuggles from Marilyn!

Michael said...

That does look very nice. I had no idea laptop stands even existed. Since I don't have a laqptop, I guess it doesn't matter...

Still, yours does seem to go very well in that room. Is it your living room? A den? An office?

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Actually, it's a corner of the bedroom. My husband suffers from Restless Leg Sydrome and often has to sleep in the study/spare room. Otherwise he keeps me awake twitching and I keep waking him up to tell him to cut it out, which makes for a bad night for us both.

Anonymous said...

i'm slow on the uptake, just checked out your writing blogs. saw this and passed it off to a friend for her hubby's bday - it would fit right in with their decor and get him to quit dragging a tv tray and chair into the family room i bet! thanks for the review.
archi's mum