Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Three Word Wednesday: Hallow's Eve

It's been awhile since I've posted here. I've been pretty busy at the Maelstrom site, though, so if you haven't been keeping up, there's lots of good stuff over there, and more to come!

Here's a Three Word Wednesday poem that didn't really fit on any of my other blogs, though.

Happy Halloween, everyone!


Hallow's Eve

Gloom incubates in brooding memory,
bitter winds strip vanity from the day.
Musty smell of earth as summer rots,
and sunshine dreams turn autumn nightmare.

Disguise yourself with bones and rags;
salvation lies in masquerade.
The veil grows thin as winter comes.
Dark spirits walk tonight.

5 comments:

Jeeves said...

Very nice one

Mads... said...

vry nice poem..nice take on the prompt..!!!

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

Man, blogs. I can barely keep up with one. Like this poem. Great lines.

Tumblewords: said...

Very spookish. I like the rhythm and flow, the haunting words.

PJD said...

All the comments are right on. I love the disguise yourself with bones and rags line.