Saturday, September 08, 2007

Halfway There

I'm about halfway through the edit of my book. I'm so glad I ordered a private copy first! I never stop being amazed at how different it all looks when you change font or format, or when you move from screen to paper. I've found a lot of things to improve.

With internet out in my neighborhood tonight (thanks a lot, Comcast), I should be able to make quite a bit of progress once I get home from the office, which is where I am right now. I'd like to have the book ready when I make my last post on the Bella Diana blog, since the book and the blog it's derived from are the sequel.

We'll see how that goes, though. I have some changes to make to the cover, too, and I'm still quite a novice with PhotoShop. I accomplish a lot of things by pure happenstance and then spend hours trying to figure out what I did so I can do it again.

Anything to keep the brain cells busy, though!

I'm going to read a little more news, check my email and friends' blogs again and go home. Maybe my internet is working now, but I'm not holding my breath. I guess it'll force me to stay on track with my book edits though, and there's nothing wrong with that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool Beans, Bunnygirl -- it all sounds so exciting!

I'm sorry to hear of your internet difficulties -- I hope that gets resolved soon. I've been there, too, and it's so frustrating!

Good luck with the edits! :)